The TCS is a high precision thermal cycler that drives the VereChip™. It is a completely independent random access, modular system that can manage up to five different tests simultaneously. The user can start the tests independently without having to wait to collect the complete set of samples. Due to its modularity, it can be scaled to accommodate the needs of both large diagnostic settings and decentralized settings at the point-of-need.
The TCS was designed and developed by STMicroelectronics and its partners and is part of the VerePLEX™ Biosystem marketed and sold by Veredus Laboratories. The TCS is compact in size and weighs only 10kg which allows it to be moved as needed without any re-calibration.
The temperature control is extremely accurate and has very high heating and cooling ramp rates which allows PCR protocols to be performed in 50-75% shorter times than conventional thermal cyclers.
The TCS is both easy-to-use and very robust requiring minimal maintenance.
- Compact, integrated, easy-to-use PCR and hybridization tool
- Fast and programmable temperature ramp
- Multiple independent control stations
- Random access
- Possibility to run the same or different tests simultaneously
- Data log and data recovery system
- Size: 500 mm x 300 mm x 145 mm
- Weight: 10 kg
- Temperature control accuracy: ± 0.2 °C
- Average Heating rate: 25 °C/s
- Cooling rate: 10 °C/s
- Temperature resolution: 0.1 °C
- Programmable heating rate
- 110/220 VAC, 50/60 Hz